Tuesday, October 6, 2020

Blogpost: Apologetic and Grateful


    I haven't posted in a long while now, I'm truly sorry for that. Realities of being a responsible adult and now a professional Doctor got the best of me for awhile. I must say, I wasn't able to adapt to it quite fast as I was expecting myself to. 

    Funny, how during your medical school days you always feel like, every day is just a worse day and its just getting worse and worse as upcoming days of  deadlines for your requirements, projects and exams (written or OSCE) are fast approaching. To keep yourself motivated, you just keep on thinking and believing that you'll have the best moment of your life once you finally pass the Physician Licensure Examination and get your PRC license and life only gets better and better from then on. But once you're a Doctor you'll realize that the hardships, endless nights of studying, thousands of pages of transcription notes and books to study are truly necessary to prepare you in your practice as a Doctor. And it was just a start for an endless of studying and continuous learning process you'll be doing for life as a Doctor. 

    I must admit, the feeling was truly great, you can't even properly describe it when that much long awaited moment comes and you learned you passed the board exam. It's so surreal. I remember, receiving the great news around 2 o'clock in the morning. I was awoken with that great news and chatted with our batchmates about it. We were all awake, who wouldn't be? Thousand of us had been anxiously waiting for days for the results to come out. It was a great feeling mixed of sadness for we have friends who didn't make it that time. I remember talking over the phone with my very close friend about how our sacrifices and many days and nights of studying finally paid off and just how grateful we are for passing the exam for like 3 hours I think. I know 3 hours of talking was quite tiresome on a different occasion lol we just stopped when we realized the it was breaking dawn already. I kept on receiving a lot of congratulatory remarks in Facebook and Messenger and replying to each one for days. Yes, you heard that right, days. It felt good and not bothersome to be honest lol. It's a great feeling also knowing you made your Alma Mater, family, relatives, friend and hometown proud of your achievement as if it was also their own. So just hang in there dear student, just keep on studying, keep on grinding day in and day out. Study smart and hard each and everyday. Always remember, you are doing it for yourself and for your future patients. I hope no matter how hard it is, even if you've already thought of so many reasons to quit that you'll keep on going and remember that one big reason why you decided to enter medical school and wanted to become a Doctor in the first place. Whatever it may be, keep holding unto it. 


P.S. 
I started writing a blog during med school days, I created then shut down a lot of blogs since first year, this is the only blog I really had the guts to keep, which I must say I'm not actually good at doing.  I love reading and writing blogs. It's one of the things that help me get through med school. I read blogs for inspiration and learnt some tips how to survive med school. I wrote blogs to relieve my stress and frustration during med school. I shut them down because I don't think I have any readers other than my boyfriend hehe and then after re-reading them I feel embarrassed to myself. But I always have this urge to write whenever to share my experiences and thoughts about my journey. Thank you for reading my blog. I now commit to posting regularly (big word: commit, lol) I'm sorry if I wasn't able to reply to your comments (hahaha as if I have so many) I actually didn't think someone reads this until I checked it today. Ironic, how you write and post something and expect no one reads it. If you have any questions just feel free to comment. And I'll reply to them as best I could. Once again thank you for reading my blog! I truly am grateful. God bless!

2 comments:

  1. Hi doc ive been reading you blog for a year now. And it has certainly helped me with my medical career decisions. I wanted to follow your footsteps as i have the same feel when it comes to choosing fam med as a specialty.
    I hope you will post more about your journey a a fam med doctor:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello! Sorry for the very late reply. I'm glad to know somehow my blog helped you. Good luck in your journey in becoming a full-fledged Physician :)

    ReplyDelete

Popular Post